The Houston Museum Natural Sciences was founded in 1909. The purpose of natural museum of sciences is always to encourage the people interest in natural sciences and related chemistry.The team members of Museum try to make every event and exhibitions keeping the mission on the front line.
This is the most heavily attended museum in Houston and united state of America.More over , the museums offer multiple exhibitions and events related to the Natural sciences.
What to do in Houston Museum Natural Sciences
The Museum offers Burke Baker Planetarium, Wortham Gaint Screen Theatre, Cockrell Butterfly Center , fascinating variety of natural scientific exhibitions. The events include Astronomy, space sciences , Native american culture, paleontology , energy , chemistry , germs and minerals, seashells, Texas wildlife and much more.
The Museums have also the satellite, one is George observatory is the largest satellite in the country. it is open for the public viewing. The Houston museum is the biggest science museum on sugar land, which offers dinosaurs, mineralogy,live exotic frogs and much more for the tourist.
Things to do in Houston Museum Natural Sciences
There are a number of exhibits which you can do in Houston Museum Natural Sciences
- The Foucault Pendulum: The pendulum is located in Houston Museum of natural sciences. it is demonstrating the rotation of earth.
- Cullen Hall of Gems & Minerals: The exhibits contain the 750 crystallized minerals specimens and gemstones
- Lester and Sue Smith Gem Vault: The exhibition of finely cut gems in jewelry.
- Farish Hall of Texas Wild life: The exhibition is related to the wildlife of Texas.
- Evelyn and Herbert Frensley Hall of African wild life: This include a large number of birds and mammals species from African Wildlife.It also contain the species of Taxidermied animals.
- Strake Hall of Malacology: It contains the specimens of Mollusks.
- Morian Hall of Paleontology: One of the largest hall of united state which contain more than 60 Skeleton
- John P Mc Govern Hall of America: It shows more than 50 cultural relationship of past Americans bodies with the environment.
- Welch chemistry Hall: The display contain chemistry related displays , especially Periodic table display with sample of each element.
- Weiss Energy Hall: It contain display related to geology research.
- Hall of Ancient Egypt: It was opened in May 2013 and contain displays from Egyptian temples and Mummies.
- Cock rail Sundial: It was opened 1989 and it is the world largest sundials which relates Time with Sun light. This was old method used to determine time.
- Earth Forum: it was opened in 2002, it is the computer aided about earth and its process.
Houston Museum Natural Sciences Hours
Monday – Sunday timing is 9: 00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Houston Museum Natural Sciences Tickets
- The adult ticket price for the natural science Museum is $25
- The Child ticket price for the natural science Museum is $15
- Children Ages with 2 and under 2 are free
- The Students have discounts of 10$
- Seniors with 62+ age also have discount of $10
- The ticket of Military personal with valid ID is $8.
- The group of more than 10 person with $8 each person.
- The charges for school groups with class PG to 12 grade is $3.5
- Member pricing
- Member Adult : Free
- Member Child : Free
Houston Museum Natural Sciences Free Days
Houston Museum Natural Sciences free day is given below
- Houston Museum Natural Sciences Free day is Thursday . The timing is 2:00 – 5:00 pm
Houston Museum Natural Sciences Parking
- The Parking fees of Natural sciences Museum for members all day is $5
- The Parking fees of Natural sciences Museum for members all day is $20
Houston Museum Natural Sciences Map PDF Guide
The Map of Houston Museum Natural sciences is given below.
your reviews are backbone for the Publisher. Pass them in the comments